Thursday, September 27, 2007

Welcome to The Patter!

For those who don't know, and this will include almost all of humankind, back in the 90's The Patter was a little humor magazine that I published. Published is probably too important a term, unless the term publishing means to you "a photocopy of a desktop published rag". In that case, the word 'publish' is right on the mark.

In any case, this was a little magazine that I wrote, illustrated and distributed to unsuspecting friends and family members for a time. After two or three years of 'The Patter', I stopped publishing 'The Patter' because I was certain something bigger was looming on the horizon. Something big that had to do with the internet. After more than a decade of intense research, I have determined that that 'something' is called 'blogging'. Now that 'blogs' have been popular for years, I am fairly certain that they are here to stay. Although by taking the step of starting this blog, I fully expect the entire blogging scene to collapse over night. So to the rest of the bloggers out there, I say, "I'm sorry".

Rather than being just a humor blog however, I intend for this incarnation of the Patter to focus a little on photography as well. Yes, right here in black and white, I will share some of my most embarrassing moments as a photographer. And maybe a few tips and tricks I've learned along the way.